We are currently hiring! Interested in joining the team?
We are looking for one if not two positive and enthusastic bartenders to join the team at BREAKERS. The bartender is responsible for greeting guests, and creating a memorable, remarkable dining and drinking experience.
Bartender Job Duties:
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits
- Taking beverage orders from customers or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail
- Satisfying patron requests in a timely manner
- Assessing customer preferences and making drink recommendations
- Providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons
- Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed
- Checking identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers
- Balancing cash receipts
- Keeping a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary environment
- Organising the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory
- Placing orders for liquor, beer, wine, and other supplies
- Slicing, pitting, and preparing fruit garnishes for drinks
- Planning bar menus
- Creating unique drinks
- Preparing and serving appetisers, snacks, or other food items for customers at the bar
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations
- Limiting customer problems by restricting alcohol intake and attempting to curtail inappropriate behaviour
Bartender Skills and Qualifications:
Training or Experience with Bartending, Extensive Knowledge of Drink Mixing and Garnishing, Strong Communication Skills, Positive Attitude, Personable demeanour, Multitasking, Attention to Detail, Organisation, Ability to Stand for Long Periods, Strong Observational Skills, Conflict Resolution, Computer Literacy, Second Language a Plus
POS System: Revel
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food set up stations for menu for our Breakfast and transition to our lunch. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the the staff with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and performance goals.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry's best practices
- Culinary school diploma / or years of experience working at a restaurant
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
BREAKERS is ready to hire another food server, bartending experience is a plus. Morning and afternoon shifts available. Please review job responsibilities and duties and email your resume.
- Serves patrons by providing information to help food and beverage selections; presenting ordered choices; maintaining dining ambiance; up selling menu items.
- Multi-tasked in extremely fast paced and high volume environment
- Worked effectively as member of a team with many different staff members
- Used strong customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate with wide array of customers, including international travelers
- Developed and maintained professional relationships with regular clientele
- Marketed specialty items to increase billing and revenue
- Processed billing with accuracy and efficiency
- Knowledge of crafting cocktails and pairing fine wines to compliment dining experience is a plus
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return and if they had a good experience, post a review.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to hostperson; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.